Reflections...really, really late reflections

I intended to post this back in late December.  So now that it is almost the end of January...well I thought it was about time I get around to it.

My life has changed by leaps and bounds this past decade.  Although I suppose the same is true for most people.

2000:  Graduated from UNI with my BA in Economics.  Was accepted into grad school at Iowa.
2001:  Became great friends with Jen Fletcher (now Jen Smith) and never would have expected it.  We swam together at UNI but we were never close.  We ended up living a few blocks away from each other in graduate school and ran together every day.  This was also the start of my love for running.  Also in 2001 I received an intership in Fort Myers, FL and had a super fun summer!
2002:  Graduated from Iowa with my masters.  Met my future husband two weeks before graduating and accepted my first professional job in Des Moines.
2003:  Left my first professional job because my boss was a nut job and moved to Waterloo for a much, much better job.  Ran my first half marathon and kicked butt with a 1:48!!
2004:  Got engaged and married!  Bought my first house and moved to La Porte City.
2005:  Took a trip to remember to New York City with Matt.  I loved it so much I tried to convince him to move there with me just to try it out.  Yeah, my attempt was unsuccessful.
2006:  Helped raise $2.3 million for a pool in La Porte.  Got pregnant with Kate.
2007:  Had my first baby and life changed forever!
2008:  We bought our 'dream house.'
2009:  Had my second baby and again, life has changed forever!

Who knows what 2010 will bring but I hope it is nothing but wonderful, happy, amazing things.  I never would have imagined that in one short decade I would go from a young, naive college kid to a wife and mother of two.  I am so blessed!

Comments

Wow.. life goes so quickly. Sounds like the past 10 years have been great but I bet the next 10 will be even better!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...