Randomness

Kate had her 3 year check-up this morning.  She weighed in at 40 pounds and 41 1/2 inches.  She is a tall girl!!  We knew she was going to need shots.  I didn't beat around the bush.  I told her, you have to get shots today.  I signed myself up for an H1N1 vaccination, as did Grandma Craft. 
We thought that might make her feel better. 

I came up with an idea to help get Kate through her shots.  We did several trial runs at home to prepare.  She smiled in practice, but not during the actual doctor visit.

To distract her I gave her sunglasses and headphones to listen to her favorite song...Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.  It worked...sorta.



Kate is very gentle with CJ so I almost always feel comfortable letting CJ spend time playing on a blanket.  The other day she rolled herself up like a hot dog and I had to snap some photos.



Of course, CJ can't get her pic taken without her big sister joining in.  This picture makes me laugh out loud.  It looks like CJ is pounding her fist on the ground.  And that look on her face!






There is a long, dramatic story behind the final two pics.  Kate was having one of those days where she can't focus on one activity for more than 45 seconds.  So I told her to go put on her swimsuit.  She screamed no.  I said fine.  She said she wanted her swimsuit.  I said whatever.  After all that drama I put her in the tub with a can of whipped cream and I said, "Go nuts!" 



Well, she couldn't spray it herself so I sprayed it all over her and the bottom of the tub.  I told her to write with it on the walls, in her hair, on her toys...wherever...just have fun.  She screamed it felt gross in her hands.  I offered to wash it off.  She screamed no.  I said fine.  She said wash it off.  So I did and she screamed that she didn't want it washed off.  Ugh!  Well I had had enough.  So I washed her hair and sent her to her room.  I went downstairs, made her some lunch and went back to her room.  I found her still naked and refusing to dress.  I left her to eat her lunch in her bed without any clothes.  We needed a break from each other....BADLY!



It's funny.  She looks like she was having so much fun.  What went wrong?

Comments

glsgls said…
I can't help but wonder what CJ was thinking when she had the sunglasses on her head and looking at the world.
Matt said…
I think she was thinking someone was getting ready to put her down for a nap.
Matt said…
I love the pirate looking face CJ is making while pounding her fist.
Well, Kate looks like she was having fun.... hopefully the afternoon went better. And the pic's are great.. I love the smiles. Such joy's!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...