Operation Sleep EDITED

I believe I implemented operation sleep a few months ago.  It worked...for like a day.  So here is round two of operation sleep because I just can't take it anymore.

CJ and I have slept only one single solitary night in the last five months.  Today CJ is five months and one day old.  That means we haven't slept for five entire, very long, eye drooping, feet dragging, yawn filled nights.

Here is the mission:  SLEEP!

Here is how I will accomplish it:  I am moving into the guest room.  Matt will keep the bedroom and will have a super charged loud fan so he can sleep. 

I am going to use the ferberizing method.  That is where you put the kid to bed sleepy but awake.  Let them cry for five minutes and then go in and reassure them.  Then cry for 10 minutes and another love pat.  Then 15 minutes.  I think you get the pattern. 

Supposedly the Ferber sleep method works in seven-ish days.  So what is one week of torture if CJ and I have already gone through five months, right.

Previously I could put CJ to bed sleepy but awake and she would put herself to sleep.  This still works occasionally.  But just like you and me, CJ wakes up a few times a night.  We are able to put ourselves back to sleep.  CJ on the other hand apparently needs to be fed to go back to sleep.  So this must be changed.

Hopefully CJ and I will go from this...


to this...


******EDITED*******  I never intended to make any readers believe Matt wasn't interested or willing to help with the sleeping issues.  When I said I was moving into the guest room and giving Matt a fan, I wanted to spare him from the crying that was to come.  The Ferber method has already been abandoned, by the way.  Matt and I came up with a 'nicer' way to help CJ sleep.  I will provide an update later.********

Comments

I hope you get some sleep soon!!! Just out of curiosity, how long would she cry if you just let her cry? Of course, check to make sure she's not wedged in the bed but let her cry? I've also noticed that if Harlie hears me then she cries more so sometimes I tiptoe into her room to check on her (I can't let her see me either).. anyways, just a few idea's, hope you're sleeping soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...