Ma'am or miss

Hate is a strong word. So I feel confident when I say I hate it when someone calls me ma'am. 
I'm only 32 years old.  No one should call anyone ma'am unless you need help carrying your cane or help pulling up your girdle.  In fact, I've made it my policy that I DO NOT call anyone ma'am, not even 'old ladies.'  If you have to call me something then call me miss or hot stuff or queen of the world. 
But NOT ma'am.

What about you?  Ma'am or miss?

On a much different note, below is a project Kate and I recently worked on.  We transformed an old, terracotta pot into a super fun planter.  I'm really digging it. 


This poor house plant.  It is sure to see the light sometime soon.  I somehow kill all houseplants.  But at least it gets to die in a pretty pot. 

Comments

Courtney said…
When I moved to Tennessee, I was taken back by all of the teachers who expected you to say "yes sir" or "yes ma'am" when speaking to them. At first I hated it but now it's kind of grown on me. I kinda like the southern charm of it all. :)
glsgls said…
How about putting CJ down for the night when you go to bed?
Ma'am or miss.. would probably cause me to do a double take just because I don't hear it much... but if some young hot chick said it to me, yeah, I might turn around and give her the evil eye. But your plant, it looks pretty hot in that new planter so if it called me ma'am or miss, I think I'd let it go : )
Sade said…
Ma'am or miss. After living in Atlanta for a few years, you get used to it. I call older people ma'am sometimes. Just a different culture I guess :)

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...