Happy Birthday, Katers!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATE!
3 years ago our world flipped upside down.
We haven't been the same since.
We love you and we are so proud of what you have done in 3 short years of life.
You know:  the alphabet, how to spell Mom, Dad, Kate and CJ, how to count to 40 (sometimes), color, paint, use scissors (half the time), cook (kinda), sort laundry, zip your coat, dress yourself, perform a somersault and so much more!


Mermaid dress


Kate's birthday cake


It required A LOT of dishes


I LOVE the vivid colors...so fun!!


It also left very vivid colors on my hands


The cake before frosting...yeah, the blue layer had an accident


This cake got a lot of oohs and aahs
What a happy cake!  It may have taken me 3 hours of work but it was totally worth the time.

Comments

Matt said…
My favorite pieces were the Cardinal & Gold ones.
Happy Birthday, Kate! Emily was VERY excited about Kate's birthday cake when she saw the pictures. That was so cool and I'm very impressed! How many box mixes did you use to get 6 layers? Did you have special, vivid food coloring or did you just use the whole bottle? How many 9" cake pans do you own?!? ;o) I may have to try it sometime.
That cake does look awesome! And so perfect for Kate's birthday. Happy Birthday Kate! (on her list of accomplishments you need to add potty trained!!! : )
Sarah Craft said…
Megan - I used two white cake mixes and Wilton icing color. If you use regular drop food coloring then your colors will turn out pastel. You can find the Wilton icing color in the cake decorating section of Wal-Mart...which is in the arts and crafts area...not the baking aisle.

I only have ONE 9" cake pan...GASP! So I had to borrow two more from my mother-in-law. It was a long ordeal but totally worth the time and effort. You also have to use a double batch of frosting. I used a homemade recipe that was very, very good but you could easily just use store bought.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...