Another Day, Another Video...and lots of running!

While celebrating Christmas at my parents' house I found one of my old dance costumes. Kate was more than willing to try it on...and then never take it off. We said she looked like a butterfly and she was happy to assume the role.

In other news, Matt and I are making a good effort to get into shape. We are both planning to run some races this summer so we want to be prepared to start a serious training program come spring. Today we pushed out a 5 miler and finished it in 42 minutes 48 seconds. Our first three miles we ran 8:30 each, the fourth mile was a bit slower at 8:50 and then we kicked it in gear and ran the final mile in 8:28.
We are both going to run the Sturgis Falls half marathon at the end of June. My PR (personal record) for a half marathon is 1 hour 48 minutes. My goal for this summer is 1 hour 45 minutes. To achieve that time I will have to pull out an average of 8 minute miles. I have some work to do before I can get to that pace but I think I'm on track.
Anyway, my body is tired and CJ has been getting up around 1 a.m. so I best go hit the hay to get some rest and dream about running super fast! Good night!!

Comments

Gaya said…
My country has this annual marathon that features half, full and the normal one. The full's a 42KM run and the half's, well half of 42!! and the normal is 10KM. I so want to participate next year but i have no mood to start training!!! Good luck to you and your brother though!!! Hope yall will beat your original times! Merry Xmas and have a Happy New Year ahead!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...