Anniversary

I have completely put off blogging about a recent and important event: our 5 year anniversary. November 27th Matt and I celebrated five years together as a married couple. It is hard to believe 5 years have gone by so fast and yet I feel like I have known him for so many more years than that.

Our marriage has brought many blessings into my life. The most obvious and always present blessing is our children. God gave us two amazing little girls and I love them more each day. I've noticed traits of both Matt and me, and often times traits of extended family. I couldn't be more proud of their talents and hope for nothing but the most wonderful dreams for them.

Another blessing which can sometimes be hidden by the monotony of day to day life is having a tremendous spouse. Matt brings out nothing but the best in me. He has taught me patience in dealing with stressful situations. I need Matt whenever I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. He almost always looks at stresses and can calmly work through them. Matt has also taught me to look toward the future. I often live in the moment. Matt is always thinking 10 to 20 sometimes 30 years down the road. Sure I know what I want out of life but Matt plans it out and strategizes how to get what it is wanted. And while I could continue to go on and on regarding the many blessings Matt has I want to end with his ability to enjoy life like I do. We often have dance parties in the dining room with Kate and CJ. We laugh together at silly sitcoms. Matt makes long car rides fun. I could talk to him for hours and forget what time it is. Matt helps me be a better Sarah.

The last blessing I want to blog about is our families. I am so fortunate that I enjoy my in-laws and Matt enjoys his. We spend a good amount of time with our families and we almost always have a great time. When Matt and I hear in-law horror stories from friends we give thanks for our parents.

Love you, Matt! Happy 5 years!

Comments

Awe.. how sweet. Congrats on 5 years!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...