Snowless Snow Shuffle

In less than two weeks I will be racing for my first time since CJ was born. I can't wait! The Snow Shuffle 5K is set for Saturday, December 14th on the trails of Cedar Falls. Now, I'm not exactly itching for snow to accumulate for the winter but if it could snow enough to make the race entertaining and then immediately melt...well that would be a-okay with me.

When I registered for the race I had set a goal for myself of 30 minutes. However, I need to set myself a new goal because I'm just too darn awesome. Not really, but I'm trying to keep myself pumped up. Tonight I ran a 5K in 27:30. So I think my new official goal for the Snow Shuffle is going to be 27:00. That may be kind of steep but this race is very weather dependent. I can't wait!!

Oh, and I'd like to put in a little plug for Under Armour. Matt and my mom bought me some awesome Under Armour cold weather running gear and that stuff really works! Tonight it was 39 degrees, I wore nothing more than a second skin of clothing and I was hot. If I lived any farther north I would probably wear nothing but Under Armour. And it got me thinking, Under Armour should make baby sleepers. You are not supposed to put blankets in the crib due to SIDS risk and I always worry CJ is cold with nothing but her thin swaddling blanket wrapped around her and her jammies. But if CJ wore Under Armour cold weather jammies then she could sleep warm and cozy all night long. Just a thought in case anyone from Under Armour is reading this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...