Catching Up

I'm more than a little behind on my blog. Since my last post CJ has turned two months old, we attended our first ISU basketball game as a family of four and I put on my mom pants and pulled them up to my neck. Yep, we bought a minivan. Whew, a lot can happen in a week's time.

Here is CJ's 2 month picture.


She obviously has some work to do on holding her head up, but she is getting there. She smiles and 'talks' all the time! It is wonderfully adorable. I have a great video of her talking and will have to post that sometime soon.
The night before Halloween Kate and I made 'Spider Cookies' and a 'Bubbling Cauldron' for dinner. Through this project I have learned that while neither of us will ever be food artists, we had a blast trying.
Here is what the Spider Cookies are supposed to look like.
And here are our Spider Cookies! I forgot to buy licorice for legs and my 2 year old decorator decided to add her own touch. Despite how they look, they were DELICIOUS!
And here is the Bubbling Cauldron I made for dinner. Well, this what dinner was supposed to look like.
And here is what we ate. :) The dish was designed as more of an appetizer so I added a few things to make it a meal. First off, I baked the bread myself and then added taco meat, black beans and veggies. It was really good, actually. We ate the inside using pieces of bread and lime flavored tortilla chips. Lots of fun!

Comments

... and this is what it was supposed to look like.. you crack me up. at least you girls had some fun!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...