Sick Baby

Well CJ has her very first cold. Not something I want to write down in a baby book. I'm not sure where she picked it up but I feel so bad for her. She is all stuffed up and has the occasional cough and sneeze. Oddly enough she has been sleeping great. I think it is all due to the loud noises from the humidifier I set up in her room. She struggles to stay asleep at naps but at night she sleeps great and goes right back to sleep as soon as she is done eating. The last two nights I was up three times but she was back to sleep with little to no effort from me. She basically did it all herself. Which means I feel almost like a normal person today because I was up for no more than 25 minutes with each feeding. Woo-hoo!! Her cold is improving greatly. It started about three days ago and is almost cleared up but I think we will continue to run the humidifier at night if it means she sleeps better.

Oh, and here is an update on my menu plan. So far we have tried the tilapia with peppers and the pork with brussels sprouts and apricots. I loved both of these meals. My family on the other hand only liked the tilapia dish. Actually, they gobbled up the tilapia in a matter of minutes. The only problem with the tilapia is that everyone was left hungry. We must be used to eating a lot because the recipe said this was a full meal and we ended up snacking a lot after supper was finished. Next time I make this dish I will have to supplement with additional sides. Oh! And the other great thing about these meals is they are super fast. I think the tilapia dish took me 15 minutes to prepare and the pork dish took about 20ish.

Sounds like CJ is waking up for the morning. Here is to a good day! Hope you have a great day, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...