Project Sleep Tally Report

After almost two full days since initiating Project Sleep the tally so far is:

CJ: 1
Us: 1

Friday night we actually got a good amount of sleep. CJ was up a few times with one awakening lasting 3 hours. You may wonder why that qualifies as good sleep. Well that is because the whole family was in bed by 7:30...on a Friday! So although our accumulated sleep was more than normal, it was simply because we went to bed before the birds.

Saturday night was much better. Between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. I was only up twice for 45 minutes each time.

Daytime naps have been going better. I've been trying to establish more of a routine which will hopefully help her understand day v night. Today however CJ has slept most of the afternoon away, but I will hopefully be recharged enough to deal with a possibly rough night thanks to my family. They surprised us with a visit today, thereby allowing us time for both a nap and a jog. Plus Kate awoke with a thunder this morning and has been constant energy since she opened her eyes. So it was great for her to have extra playmates today.

On a much different note, I'm planning to try out something fun this month. The magazine Real Simple has a menu plan for an entire month of weeknight dinners. Many of the foods are things we normally wouldn't try so it should be interesting to see how this goes. Perhaps we will open our eyes to a whole new array of meals. Here is the menu for this week:

*Tilapia with peppers and olives
*Beef and bok choy stir-fry
*Spicy orange-glazed drumsticks with green beans
*Roasted pork with brussels sprouts and apricots
*Spaghetti with sweet potatoes and ricotta

Sounds yummy to me. Now I will hopefully be able to convince my husband the same thing. :)

Comments

Good luck on the sleep thing! I've read (and believe after 2 kids) that up until 6-8 weeks of age babies just sleep when they want to and are awake when they want to be and there's absolutely nothing you can (or should) try to do about it. After that they will start organizing their night sleep (i.e. sleeping longer at night and going back to sleep after waking up) and then after maybe 12 weeks start organizing day sleep (i.e. developing regular naps). Both my kids followed this pattern. Lincoln is still working on the day sleep, but I've seen quite a bit of progress in the last week or two.

I used to get Real Simple magazine when I still had time to at least page through the whole big thing before kids came along. I tried a few recipes, but soon found that they got too weird, complicated and expensive for my tastes. Sometimes it's really hard to find certain ingredients in the middle of Iowa--especially if it's off-season. Although I enjoy trying new things, our family has some pretty basic "midwest farm" tastes and we don't venture too far out into the great unknown ingredient-wise. "Simple & Delicious" magazine from the Taste of Home family is more my style. I'm interested to hear how it goes, though!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...