My Return to Running

I'm proud to say I'm beginning to feel like I'm back in the swing of things. Each time I head out the door for a run I am able to handle three full miles. In fact, I've been running the 5K route from the LPC 5K run each summer. The first couple of times I was pretty slow. Actually, I'm still pretty pokey but my pokiness is improving. I'm down to a 31 minute 5K which would have broken my heart a year and a half ago but considering I had a baby 7 weeks ago...I'm awfully excited.

I've decided I'm going to do run the Turkey Trot 5K in November and maybe even the Snow Shuffle 5K mid-December. Both races are in Waterloo and should be a lot of fun. It is something to look forward to and get in shape for. Anyone looking to run with me in one or both of those races?!

Comments

Megan said…
Great job!! I got back into exercising MUCH earlier with my 2nd and I think it helped me 1) feel more human 2) get out of the house 3) get a shower and 4) sleep better. Sounds like you are doing the same.
Way to go! I'm trying to get back into the swing of things but I feel so slow, sluggish, and like I'm dragging a plow when I run. I thought if I lost these last few post preggo pounds then I'd do better but pounds aren't slipping away very easily. I think it's going to be another mental battle for me to loose weight - eat less and exercise more. Two hard things to do with a baby and toddler running around. But, chin up, one step at a time and it'll get better. I'll check into the races and get back with you.. I should probably do one but that means committment and work, probably just what I need to get back to my pre preggo weight. (Might I suggest you bring up the races at MMO as it might be fun to have a group of us do it).

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...