Life's Guarantees

There are four guarantees in life. I'm sure most of you have heard of the two most well known; death and taxes. But you may not be aware of the other two. The third is that a baby will always wake when you sit down to eat. Anyone with kiddos has experienced this. And the fourth is that no matter what meal you may sit down for Kate will have to poo. It is inevitable. We will even ask her if she needs to go before lunch or dinner is done cooking and the answer is always a resounding NO. But about 5 minutes after sitting down to eat she will make her big bathroom announcement. Weird. We don't get upset over this because 99% of the time she is telling the truth but what odd timing.

Anyway, this is going to be an interesting week for everyone in the house. Thursday afternoon Matt and Kate are taking off for Ames. Matt has his Iowa State Alumni Board meetings and Kate is going with him. Uncle Mike doesn't have school or work on Friday so he will have a full 8 hours or so of alone time with Kate. Good luck, Mikey. Be prepared for the guarantee I just wrote about. :) And Saturday Matt is taking Kate to the ISU homecoming football game, which doesn't start until 6 p.m. so they may not be returning home until Sunday. That means I will have four days, three nights of caring for only one child. Funny how that sounds super easy. Now if Matt would have left me alone with baby Kate for that long I would have gone crazy. I have apparently adjusted to life with two kiddos because watching over only one sounds positively simple. However, I have to remind myself that this also means that if that one child is up for 3 hours in the middle of the night there is no one to help else to help out. But hopefully that won't happen!

For now though I will enjoy having my Kate around over the next few days. She has become absolutely fun lately. I have some great pics to share with everyone soon. I just need to get them off the camera and onto the laptop.

Hope you have a great day! I'm looking forward to mine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...