All work and no sleep makes Sarah a dull girl...

I hope you get "The Shining" reference above. But don't worry, I'm not about to flip my lid and attack people...at least not yet. We had a rough night last night. This is combined with the fact that Kate has reentered her no nap phase. And no nap for at least one kiddo means no nap for sleepy mom. Plus, it seems CJ has her days and nights mixed up. Ugh! I have therefore implemented Project Sleep. This is my mission, if I so choose. (Bad James Bond reference.)

So, Project Sleep. I'm trying to get CJ to learn to fall asleep on her own and I'm trying to regularly wake her during the day so she will learn that daytime is for napping and eating while nights are for sleeping...lots and lots of sleeping. I am rather unsuccessful at the waking her up part. I've tried sitting her up so her head bobs around. I've tried undressing her. I've even tried rubbing her down with a cold wet wipe. No luck. Oh, and I also let Kate run around screaming "wake up CJ!" Again, no luck.

So for now my spot in bed remains empty and cold. However, I hope and pray that Project Sleep will lead to happy sleeping days ahead.
This message will self destruct in 5 seconds...

Comments

Sade said…
Hi Sarah!

One sure way of waking CJ up is to move her vertically back and forth. Especially make sure her head moves vertically back and forth a few times. A doctor taught me this. That's how they wake babies up for exams. Somehow, the brain is moved and they wake up. Hope this works!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...