Life with two

Life with two kiddos has actually been pretty great. Although there is a HUGE disclaimer on my statement. And that disclaimer is that Matt has been home all week from work. So he has taken Kate to the park, golfing, to the bakery, etc. Which means I have had to take care of only one child most of the time. But next week Matt will return to work for mornings only so I will slowly get back into life as a true stay at home mom.



CJ has been fabulous most of the time...especially considering the fact she is only seven days old. The only real challenge with CJ is that she goes through feeding marathons. She will literally want to do nothing else but eat for two hours straight. This happens at least once, sometimes twice, a day. But I guess we haven't established a real pattern because again...she is only seven days old.

Night time for the most part really has been a positive experience. Kate sleeps like a champ, as usual, and like most babies, CJ has struggled to return to sleep after waking in the middle of the night for feedings. A little frustrating when you yourself are anxiously awaiting laying down again for the night but she is a really great baby so the occasional sleep struggle isn't too much to worry about. When CJ does sleep at night she usually sleeps at least 2 1/2 -4 hours at a time and then awakes for food. I just stopped swaddling her because she usually naps during the day without a swaddle and does really well. And I'm thinking this is the way to go at night too. I found her asleep this morning with arms above her head in a reverse superman pose. She appears to be pretty comfy.

I've found it difficult to spend much time online so excuse me if I don't get around to blogging as often as I used to. And I'm sure my online time will even further diminish after Matt returns to work. But I can't imagine that life will go on this way for months and months. Things are slowly returning to a state of normalcy. Like two days ago when I took Kate for a bike ride. I haven't been on a bike since last fall and it felt great to use muscles I forgot existed. Or yesterday when I took both Kate and CJ out for a trip to the library. Getting out of the house really makes me feel human again. And thank goodness for the beautiful weather. This is a much better time of the year to have a baby than say in...oh, January. Although I survived January with a newborn so I can't complain. It just would have been more challenging with two.

Anyway, so there is this past week in a nutshell. Hopefully the good times continue!!

Comments

Glad to hear things are going so well! I'm jealous of the bike ride, I'll have to wait a few more weeks before I will feel up for that. I'm sure things will be just fine once Matt goes back to work.. it'll just be a little more busy but even that will become the new normal.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...