Cry me a river

Excuse me while I have a mini-pity party for myself.

I am tired. I am so very tired. My good baby who never fusses, fussed all day long and needed to be held constantly. And my 2 year old is incapable of playing by herself...ever. All this broken sleep is preventing me from keeping up with Kate. My body aches. I somehow hurt my knee which makes going up and down the stairs very painful. And so now, at 4:15 a.m., I am watching my newborn, with wide eyes, tell me that she is not tired. I have been up since 2:30 and I just want to cry. But that is not going to fix the situation. I will get to sleep again someday, right?

On a peppy note, we have lots of ice cream in the freezer. If I have to be up all night I may as well enjoy a treat.

Comments

Courtney said…
Bless your heart. I hope you can catch some winks soon. This is what I have to look forward to in about 8 weeks. At least Ice Cream can cure just about anything. :)
Megan said…
Here is a note I made myself, but never got around to posting on my blog for posterity. I can totally empathize, my almost 5mo still isn't sleeping through the night! Hope it helps!

Hope of sleep = FAIL
Expectations and hope are a funny thing. When I am hopeful or expect to get a long stretch of sleep at night, and then don't, I am spiteful and angry.
When I let go of that hope and don't expect to get much sleep...
When I just accept that I'm going to be tired...
I am pleasantly surprised at how rested I feel with whatever amount of sleep I got.

I am happier when I am not obsessed with how much or little sleep I am getting.
It's never fun when we don't get to sleep when we need it. Hopefully you get a good nap in... and yes, someday you will get to sleep again and you'll miss having the little bundle to hold and snuggle. Thank goodness the weekend is close so hopefully you can get some extra sleep!
I totally feel your pain, Sarah. Lincoln has never slept more than a 4 1/2 hour block. Right now I'm trying to push him to wait 6 hours to eat at night, but I still have to get up 2-4 times to put him back to sleep. Someday we will sleep again!

Megan's note is wonderful and so true. I realized I also tend to become very mopey and cranky when I count the hours/minutes of sleep and go looking for pity. You can't expect anything, either. I'm learning that the hard way with naps, too. Then I'm just pleasantly surprised!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...