Irony

This summer Matt celebrated his car finally reaching 200,000 miles. The anticipation of the moment was probably more exciting than the actual achievement but nonetheless he was a happy man. But if you have ever taken a ride in Pedro, as Matt refers to his car, you know there are a few hiccups with it. Without going into full detail of its issues the one that sticks out most for me is the car's lack of heating and air conditioning. This was most noteable during a trip to Ames this winter on a zero degree day. His car doesn't always lack heat and air, just the majority of the time. On cold days it shoots out chilly air and on hot days it blows warm air. So it does have heating and cooling but you don't get what you want when you want it.

Due to this incovenience, and the fact that my car holds the lone carseat, we always take my car for long car rides. This weekend we made a trip to Ames and Ankeny and as any Iowan knows it was one of the hotter weekends of the summer. We were finishing up a fun weekend and we had just hit the road for home when irony slapped me. My air conditioning quit. It didn't pull a Pedro and spit out warm air, it just plain shot out nothing...and we had two hours left...with a crabby two year old in the back seat...with a 9 month pregnant woman in the passenger seat...and a somewhat smug sweating hubby in the driver seat. Matt was quick to point out my car's noticeable malfunction and I knew I had to sit back and take it. As much fun as I poke at him for his car, it was probably my time. So I'm hoping I can get my car into the shop first thing Monday morning because summer weather has finally hit Iowa (as late as it may be) and this 25 pound belly isn't going to help cool me off. Hope the car repair isn't too pricey!

Comments

KingRooRoo said…
It made us tougher.
That doesn't sound like fun.. hope it gets fixed soon (and doesn't cost too much). Wendell would have been in seventh heaven because he loves to ride in the car with the windows down.. he'd have been smiling in the breeze.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...