Bedtime songs

I was folding clothes in our bedroom tonight while Matt put Kate to bed. While standing near the door I thought I could hear Kate singing along with Matt. Kate never sings with me so I was very curious to listen a little closer. And sure enough she really was singing. But much to my surprise they were not singing the normal bedtime songs like 'Six Little Ducks' or 'Jesus Loves Me.' Nope, they were singing Matt's all time, absolute favorite tune...'The Iowa State Fight Song.' And it wasn't just one round. They sang The Fight Song multiple times in a row with Kate belting out 'fight, fight, fight' and 'rah, rah, rah' at all the appropriate times.

Upon asking Matt about their bedtime song of choice Matt tells me that Kate specifically requested they sing that song...completely unprompted. He also told me it almost brought a tear to his eye, so I know he was telling the truth.

While I probably won't be singing the Iowa State Fight Song with Kate at bedtime anytime soon, I'm happy to see Matt and Kate getting so much enjoyment out of their new bedtime routine.

Comments

You gotta love those precious moments!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...