Baby Update

I had my 38 week appointment this morning. 38 weeks! Can you believe it? I'm truly in the home stretch. So anyway, no real changes except the doc says baby has moved a little lower. I guess that is progress, right? The doctor asked us if we would like to schedule a date to induce. We decided we will wait until the next appointment before we entertain that thought. Both Matt and I would like to at least get a few days past the due date before we have medicine intervene. I'll keep you posted on any changes.


On a much different note, Kate had her very first dentist appointment today. I scheduled it just to make sure all was looking like it was supposed to with her cute, little teeth. They said we are doing a really good job of brushing and all looks well. Kate has 16 teeth in total and should be getting 4 more teeth very soon. I'm sure those will show up about the time Matt and I are at our wits end with zero sleep and two kiddos. :) From what I understand most kids get their back molars around the time they turn 2. Kate does not yet have those teeth but the dentist isn't concerned and neither am I. Kate didn't get her first tooth until after she could walk at 13 months so I think her teeth are late bloomers. And I can't complain about that because the old wives tale is the later they get their teeth, the healthier they are. I doubt that is 100% true but I choose to believe it with Kate.


To finish up this lengthy post I thought I'd share a random photo of Kate. Matt was digging through one of his many boxes of prized t-shirts and found a referee jersey. Oddly, Matt has decided to add this shirt to the closet...as if he is ever going to wear it. Anyway, he tried it out on Kate. I think she is well ready for football season to begin...

Comments

Wow, 2 weeks! She/he'll be here before you know it! Last night I had a dream that Phil checked us in early (before contractions or having anything scheduled, almost like we were at a hotel) so apparently my subconscious is telling me that he's ready.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...