All work and no play makes Sarah a crabby girl...

Okay so my life is not all work...not even close. But I haven't had much down time lately thanks to Kate and her dwindling interest in napping. I don't think she has napped since Friday of last week. Actually she did take a super short sleep for Matt on Sunday but that was it. I was already worried about life with a 2 1/2 year old and a newborn, but now I am really freaking out.


You see, I was so, so, so, so unbelievably crabby when Kate was in her newborn phase. I slept maybe two or three hours a night and got in the occasional day time nap. But with an always awake 2 1/2 year old I will never get a nap...even if I'm up all night with the baby. What is life going to be like with two kids and zero opportunities to sleep...ever.


Millions of women have gone through this same situation and survived, so I too will survive, right? I just need to give myself a pep talk and an aquarium size mug of caffeinated coffee. Here's to you Folgers. You may be my best friend for a few months.

Comments

That's what grandma's, friends, and t.v. is for.. entertainment for Kate while you get some rest. Yes, yes, it will be okay... we must convince ourselves!
Amen to Heather. Videos are my friends. My mom is coming to bail me out for a couple days next week. You will make it. You just have to get past the first 6 weeks (or in my case, 7). Life and sleep has gotten dramatically better in the last few days. Before you know it you'll be sleeping 8 hours again! (Maybe) :o)
Courtney said…
Sleeping is overrated. Just kidding. I am actually sitting here thinking how much I'd like a nap but I hear my 3 year old waking from hers.

Seriously, take friends and family up on offers to watch the kids so you can catch some zzzs..

Sometimes, I snooze on the couch while my kids watch Dora or Elmo or one of those other awesome babysitters.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...