Sleepless

I started yawning tonight around 8:3o p.m. I went to bed around 9:15 p.m. Before Kate I would have never, ever gone to bed so early. I laughed at the thought of sleeping before 10 but being a parent has changed me. After having newborn Kate I realized how little value I placed on sleep and how much I now want sleep. Sadly, sleep has abandoned me tonight and I want it to know I yearn for its return. For I know in a couple of short months I will no longer have the option of sleep. Someone else very small and mighty will determine my awake hours.

Now it is only 11 p.m. and many adults my age are still up, but to be unwillingly wide awake at 11 p.m. is causing me huge amounts of grief. Perhaps it was the 45 minute nap I took this afternoon. Or maybe it was the fact my stomach was growling despite my hearty dinner. All I know is that I have found myself downstairs with a large bowl of cereal and no motivation to do anything but be awake.

I hope those of you out there who read my blog are currently sleeping happily in your beds. Good night.

Comments

Good night's sleep is so priceless. I'm amazed that I'm still sleeping at night but I still don't feel rested all the time, and I nap regularly now (which I never would have expected this early in life). Sounds like Kate let you sleep in a little this morning so hopefully that made up for last night. Happy sleeping tonight!
Anonymous said…
If only your wish had come true!! Dex is actually giving me less night sleep now than he did when he was first home from the hospital. I thought it was supposed to get better as they get older.... I hope the insomnia subsides, so you can get your sleep while you can!
I feel your pain. I had many "sleepless" episodes during pregnancy. Now I just try to stay awake long enough to put Lincoln back in his crib before I wake up an hour later in the chair with a stiff neck. :o)

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...