The Simple Life

I love to watch Kate take in the simple joys of being a child. Last night Kate and I stayed up to watch the fireworks. While I mostly enjoy watching fireworks it is a completely different experience watching your child see them for the first time. Kate loved the colors, loud booms and brightness of it all. I think her face lit up more than the fireworks themselves. My mom and I also took Kate on fair rides this weekend. She hasn't really experienced carnival rides before so it was another first I got to witness this weekend. Kate seems to have no fear. She loved the height of the ferris wheel, the spinning of the merry-go-round, and the noises of everything else. It makes me wish I were a kid again too.
Kate also had another first that I got to experience this weekend, too. She was in her first parade. She was beyond thrilled to see all the people waving at her and all of the loud noises from trucks and floats. The pictures below are from Kate and I getting ready to participate in the parade. Kate got to hold balloons and eat a popsicle while waiting for our turn. My friend, Jane, took the pictures of Kate and the balloons. The final picture was taken by Grandma Craft during the parade.

I had so much fun with Kate this weekend and I think she had a lot of fun with me too.

















Comments

Sounds great.. glad you had so much fun!
KingRooRoo said…
Best part of being a parent - you get to experience all these things over again through the eyes of your kid.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...