My little pool rat

We visited a friend in Hudson this morning. She was throwing a Pampered Chef party and Kate wore herself out. On the way home she says, "I go to sleep now." And that she did. Despite how cute you might think this is, it is bad, bad news for a pregnant mama. If Kate goes to sleep, whether it is for 3 hours or 3 minutes, she thinks she has successfully taken her daily nap. So when we got home at 1 p.m. and Kate was ready to party I knew I had to find a way to wear her down. I offered a trip to the pool and she was out the door before the suit was on her body. I thought we'd stay there no more than an hour and she would be pooped. Nope, my little pool rat was there for 2 1/2 hours before showing any signs of slowing down. After finally coaxing her into going home we step in the house and she announces, "I go to bed now." I changed her clothes, she crawled into bed and I haven't heard her since!
I was so proud of her at the pool. She went down the kiddie dragon slide numerous times on her own, jumped into the pool around 75 times and put her head under water to retrieve toys on the bottom of the pool. Any doubts I had about her being ready for swimming lessons were squashed with her incredible performance today. I may have to consider signing her up for the July lesson session. And shortly thereafter I hope she will begin swim team. Never too early in life to begin her Olympic training. I just may be one of those moms who lives vicariously through her child.

Comments

Does that mean there's hope for Emily to actually put on a swimming suit someday and splash around in 2 inches of water in a $5 blow-up pool from Wal-mart? ;o)
I'm really suprised that Emily doesn't like water/the pool. As for Kate, she can show our other little ones the joys of water. I really think that they learn from watching each other - especially with play time. Isn't it amazing how they can be so similiar, yet so different?

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...