My lack of discipline

Our computer is slowly draining the life out of me. Everyday I tell myself I will only spend a short amount of time emailing, facebooking and blogging. And everyday I end up wasting so much time on useless things. Perhaps it is the pregnancy...maybe I am truly that worn down from the morning and early afternoon activities that it is easier to lounge in the chair then to be productive. Yeah, pregnancy. I'll blame that. But I'll need to come up with a new excuse come September. Although I'm secretly hoping this will be an August baby. We'll see.

On a much, much different note:
I would also like to add a short post about the loss of Ed Thomas. Each Tuesday morning Kate and I get together with Ellie Thomas, her kids and another friend for playdates. Ellie lost her father-in-law, Ed, this morning. Ed Thomas is a football coaching legend and was in the Parkersburg school weight room when a former football player came in and shot Ed several times in the head. He died shortly after arriving at the hospital. While I never met Ed, I feel greatly for Ellie, her husband Aaron, and their three boys. How awful to attempt to explain to her three young boys that their grandpa was murdered. I hope everyone will hug their loved ones a little tighter tonight.

Comments

First note, I'm blaming the pregnancy too on the fact that I can't do anything for about 2 hours in the afternoon. I crashed today after being outside for about hour. So I think us pregnant women need our break.. and should take it while we can.

Second note, Ed Thomas's death is so sad. I'll keep Ellie and her family in our prayers.
I'm with you on the first point, too. I'm finding it harder to get computer time these days, but I still manage to keep up on stuff. Maybe to the detriment of my children. I justify it by considering it precious "me" time that I need in order to be an overall better mommy. :o)

I never knew Coach Thomas or any of his family, but the whole situation has made me cry several times.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...