So you had a bad day...

Almost everything about this day has left me down in the dumps. But rather than dwell on the negatives, I will attempt to find the positive in the 'poo sandwich' that was my day.

Late this morning I learned that we would be getting a new screen door for the house!! Boy, was it windy out there. I was looking to spend a few hundred dollars on a new door. At least I will get to pick out a pretty one!

And I've always thought my driver's license picture wasn't so cute. Thankfully I'll get to take a new photo. I'll also get a chance to replace all of those credit cards, bank card, insurance cards, etc. Oh, and I'll get to pick out a new, fun wallet too. Maybe I'll try for something daring rather than the black one I previously owned.

I baked cookies today. I have always wanted to try making oatmeal chocolate chip. The eight surviving cookies were really yummy. Actually, I've only tried one of the eight survivors but it was mighty tasty. Thankfully the rest of the batches burned, otherwise I might put on too much 'baby' weight.

I promised not to blog about the bathroom but here is a teaser. Our bathroom is only a couple of days away from being finished...well everything except the floor. Who knows, maybe we'll start a trend with half tile / half subfloor.

Finally, Kate enjoyed a rare plum dessert tonight during Lenten service when she somehow consumed a dark purple crayon without me knowing. And she was on my lap. At least I have one less crayon to pick up.

And finally, no one played an April Fool's joke on me today. Yeah, I didn't fall for any tricks. Although I really wish one of the above incidents were a prank. Sadly, that is not the case. But I'm going to remain positive. So long April 1, 2009...

Comments

Sometimes the only thing you can do is try and find the humor in things. I sincerely hope tomorrow is a better day for you!
Sarah Craft said…
Oh, I tried to find the humor alright. One batch of cookies was only partially burnt so I put them on newspaper. Why? Well my mother-in-law does that to cool her cookies and she is a fabulous baker. Anyway, I wanted to try to be fabulous too. So when I picked up the freshly cooled cookies off the newspaper...the newspaper came with them. At that point I just looked at Kate and busted out laughing. She laughed right along with me and I felt much better at that point. Needless to say we went to the Lenten soup supper/potluck empty handed. Thankfully we were not turned away.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...