I'm thinking of emptying Kate's sock drawer into the car. Each morning I get her dressed, including socks...but somehow the socks are removed before her feet ever hit the main floor. Before 9 a.m. this morning I had put socks on her feet three times and her shoes twice. By the time we got to Mom's Morning Out in Cedar Falls she had removed both her socks, her shoes and her hair tie. I felt lucky she was wearing clothes. So I figured life would be much easier if I just waited to dress her until we arrive at our destination.

I also feel as if I need to take a moment to thank God for my open sunroof. I was running errands during the 'free' hour of Mom's Morning Out and I opened my sunroof. Not something I do too regularly but it was such a gorgeous morning. After errands, I drive back to the church to pick up Kate. As I'm buckling her car seat (sans shoes by the way) I accidentally hit the lock button on my car keyring. I also absentmindedly tossed the keys into the driver's seat. I finish buckling Kate, shut her door, walk around to the driver's side and realize the car is locked. All the doors are locked. Thankfully my sunroof was open so I hoisted myself onto the hood of the car and threw my upper body through the sunroof to unlock a door. I am so lucky that sunroof was open. The inside of the car wasn't hot but it was awfully warm. And while it was rather embarrassing to have a bunch of moms see me tossing my pregnant self onto the roof, it was well worth it to help out Kate. And at 20 weeks pregnant, I am pleasantly surprised at my agility. Thank you pilates.

Comments

I've seen some funny/creative ways to get keys out of a car but never seen a 20 wk pregnant woman try and crawl through a sunroof of a car. Too bad I missed it, I could have at least cheered you on from the sidelines : )

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...