Blah, blah, blah

One of Kate's new favorite foods is apples. So when I was washing dishes and watching her eye the apples on the dining room table I knew what was going through her head.

The fruit bowl was full of bananas, oranges and apples. She first emptied the bowl of bananas, then she played for a bit with the oranges and then crunch. I heard her take her first bite of apple. A minute later I see the apple fall from her hand and roll into the other room. So with great tears in Kate's eyes she sadly handed it to me and I rinsed it off. I just couldn't bring myself to throw away a giant apple with three bites out of it. I then told her she could eat the one apple, but do not bite the second apple. But what she heard me say was "blah, blah, apple, blah, blah." Maybe 45 seconds later I continue to hear crunching and realize Kate is double fisting apples. She takes a bite out of the right apple and then a bite out of the left. Realizing that there is no way she will be able to eat two enormous apples I quickly Google how to preserve cut apples. Apparently lemon juice is the secret. So I quickly cut up the apples and sprinkled them with lemon juice and much to my surprise they are still fresh this morning. Who knew?!

So Kate has been enjoying the occasional apple slice from the refrigerator while torturing me with more Barney. The other day Kate confirmed my biggest fear. She loves Barney more than me, Matt, her blanket and milk. That big, purple dinosaur is my arch enemy.

I was thinking Kate is...no excuse me, was ready for potty training until the incident last night. Matt and I were giving Kate a bath when she started making bubbles in the tub. And I'm not referring to soapy bubbles. "Kate, if you have to go to the bathroom tell Mom and Dad and we'll set you on the potty." She vigorously nodded her head yes, but not one minute later and there were unmentionables floating in the tub. So much for the potty training.

Comments

The joy of being parents. Double fisting the apples, priceless. Floaties... well, not so fun.
Julie Ulven said…
Floaties. Been there done that at least twice. Uck. Happy to hear your kitchen is back to functioning.
Courtney said…
Yes, the floaties, have happened a time or two at my house also.

Hey, if you dip Apple slices in sprite they'll keep too.
LOL--both the apples and floaties! I made homemade rolls last week and Emily took bites out of 3 of them before I caught her. She has also been guilty of floaties at least 5 times--but mostly when she was little. Don't despair with the potty training. I'm with you sista! :o)

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...