Wednesday Wrap-up

Yeah! Thanks for comments!

So after four attempts I finally got Kate down for a nap. And just around that same time the electrician was leaving. Which was fabulous news because I got a chance to survey and clean-up the damage. More walls were torn down. Ahhhhh. Are you kidding me? We have so few walls in that kitchen it is amazing the room still stands. Thank goodness for stable framework. Then again, I shouldn't attempt a jinx by typing that.

Kitchen clean-up today included a full wipe down of everything, serious sweeping and two rounds of mopping. Only two! Hooray! I've been spending so much time cleaning the same rooms at the end of each day that I may get bored when all the renovations are done. Nah...maybe I'll relax instead.

So the plan for tomorrow is a bit more electrical work and of course, more plaster work. The girls will be hanging shims on the kitchen ceiling. I have no idea if I spelled the word shims correctly or not because I have never even heard the word until this remodeling began. The shims are needed because the framework on the kitchen ceiling is like a rolling prairie...completely and totally not level.

Should be a fun day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...