Thursday News

Well everyone quit early today. The kitchen ceiling has been shimmed and the electrical is done. The plumbers returned this morning and knocked out MORE wall in order to replace the sink drain line. Oh, and the plaster girls had to tear out more kitchen wall. I tried to take pictures but apparently our camera has gone to an early grave. I tried battery after battery with no reaction so I guess we'll have to save up for a new one.

Due to the unexpected wall tear down today I had to again deep clean the kitchen. The bathroom needs a good cleaning too but that will have to wait until after Matt returns home. Friday brings lots of excitement...literally! We have electrical inspection around 9 and then the plaster girls will begin hanging the new ceiling!!!! Party, party, party. Of course, afterwards they still need to patch the kitchen walls and the dining room ceiling but at least we have finally exited the destruction phase and have gleefully entered the construction zone. It sounds like they will work all day Friday and then return on Tuesday. HOPEFULLY they will finish Tuesday but I'm not holding my breath.

One week from today I have planned the great Sarah and Kate kitchen cook-off. We are going to cook the most elaborate, tasty meal for it will be the first time we have full use of a normal kitchen for around two and a half weeks...that is half a month, people. I will spare no expense in cooking this delicious meal and it will include a scrumptious dessert and possibly even a full breakfast on Friday morning. I cannot wait!!!!! And even better than the enormous meal is that I will no longer need to deep clean the kitchen on a daily basis. I think I hear angels singing.

Keep your fingers crossed, please!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...