More house updates

Well the plaster girls had planned to work here all day today. Unfortunately one wasn't feeling well so they left around 10:30 a.m. Even more unfortunate is that she 'felt pukey.' Great!! However, in the three and a half hours they were here (that's right, they get here just before 7 a.m. each day) they cleared out the remaining second story room and finished the dining room. The dining room is still full of their equipment but at least it is pushed to the side. I started cleaning and it is taking more time than I would have liked. Practically everything is covered in a thick coating of white powder. I haven't yet made my way into the kitchen to clean but I better get in there fast if we want to eat dinner tonight.

Whew. This cleaning stuff is exhausting. Now I know my calling isn't to be a maid.

Kate got up again at 6 this morning. Thankfully we caught her quick enough to pretend 'it is still night time' and she miraculously went back to sleep. Yesterday Matt was already downstairs and I was still asleep. Matt heard footsteps and says 'good morning' thinking it was me. But instead a wild haired munchkin ran in with a giant grin. Needless to say, Wednesday was a long day.

Back to cleaning...

Comments

"Still night time".. I like that one, I'll have to remember that when Wendell moves to a big boy bed. I can see it now, when he wakes up he'll just stand at the top of the stairs and yell down at us... that is what he does now when he wants to come downstairs, after he's been playing up there. For some reason he doesn't like climbing down the stairs on his own, but if it's to the basement then he's down in a flash... not sure about these kids.

Hope the cleaning doesn't wear you out too much!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...