A little repair and a lot more destruction

The plaster girls showed up bright and early to begin repair on the dining room ceiling. It is closed up but they still need to sand and texturize. They hoped to begin putting up sheet rock on the kitchen ceiling tomorrow (Thursday) but it doesn't look like the electrician will be done in time. Speaking of which, the electrician is in the kitchen now. He is replacing the wiring for the overhead ceiling light fixture which is outdated. He had hoped to not need to tear out walls. It sounds like he may have changed his mind...without telling me. Right now there is a lot of pounding and you can also hear plaster crumbling to the floor. I doubt he used drop clothes either. I guess that means I will need to deep clean the kitchen...again. I cannot count how many times I have had to do that in the last week and a half. This also means the plaster girls will have more work.

Oh, I should have begun this post with the plumbing issue. It almost slipped my mind in the midst of everything else. The plumber showed up this morning and repaired the leak. I wish I understood with 100% certainty what the problem was, but I don't. All I know is that things are currently dry and I sure hope they stay that way.

I just put Kate down for a nap. I have no clue how she will fall asleep with all this pounding. We'll see. Also, I get the feeling that my 'readers' don't really enjoy the house renovations posts since I no longer get comments from too many people. I'm sorry if this is boring but it is my mode of venting. I signed up for the renovations but it is still challenging to get through. I just keep thinking about the end result. It has to arrive sometime, right?

Comments

KingRooRoo said…
Someday we'll get there . . . someday. Probably in time for something else to break . . .
Courtney said…
I actually find the home renovations posts quite interesting...and a little funny. I know you probably aren't thinking it's too funny though. Just think it'll be spectacular when these things are fixed.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...