Its raining in the basement

I was signing in the rain today...but I wasn't outside. The plumbers worked all afternoon and announced they were completely done around 5:30. Hooray! After putting Kate to bed I washed dishes, cleaned the bathroom sink, bathtub and toilet and skipped to the basement to take out the garbage...only to discover a long stream of flowing water. After a long hard day I decided I just needed to cry but instead pulled myself together and in a panic called the plumber. Upon further review the water seems to be coming from the basement ceiling which means the leak is somewhere in the wall above it. Sadly that is the wall shared with the kitchen and Matt's Iowa State room. The irony is that we had the plumbing replaced so that we can avoid any future leaks. So what didn't leak before, leaks now. I'm really hoping the damage isn't too bad.

The plumber instructed me to shut off the water to the house which means no hand washing, no pottying and no coffee or showers in the morning. Hooray again! Thankfully the plumbers are coming back first thing in the morning. Hopefully they will be able to work around all of the other people who are also supposed to be working in the house, including the electrician and plaster girls. Luckily water and electricity work well together. :)

I'm sure more excitement will follow!! Stay tuned!

Comments

I'm not sure how you do it.. I don't think I could handle all that at one time. I'll say a little prayer for your nerves and hope that all is done soon!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...