Happy, happy, happy dance!!!!

THE PLASTER GIRLS ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been so pleased and so overwhelmed at the same time. No more clearing the kitchen by 6:50 a.m. No more recleaning the kitchen every afternoon. No more eating in the Iowa State room. The overwhelming part is the absolute filth that is our kitchen. Large chunks of plaster are hiding under the refrigerator, stove and dishwasher. Every square inch is covered in a thick layer of dust. And it appears the dust has settled its way into the living room, den, foyer and Iowa State room. Oh, and I haven't cleaned the dining room yet. Which is actually a good thing since it became dirtier after today's mess. But tonight I will stay up as late as it takes me. I will push the refrigerator, dishwasher and gas stove around (gently) to clean below. I will wipe down the walls and wood trim. I will sweep and wash the floors with a smile on my face because I won't have to deal with the plaster mess again. At least not in the foreseeable future. I may not be able to function tomorrow but I will finally have a clean kitchen. (This is a pump up speech to myself in case you couldn't tell.)

On the bright side, a neighbor I've never seen is snow blowing our sidewalks. Which is fabulous news because we are WAY past the snow removal ordinance. And being on City Council makes that oversight even worse. I tried shoveling the other day with Kate but she wanted no part of it. Perhaps I should go work instead of blog, eh?

At least the plaster work is all done!!!!!! Hooray!!!

Comments

Hallelujah! Glad to hear the kitchen is almost done.. I'm assuming you'll still need to paint but hopefully you won't need to scrub the floors and counters after that. You'll have to post pictures of the completed project.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...