Friday Fun?

Due to a light coating of plaster, almost every one of our dishes needed washing last night. I washed, Matt dried. And then we stored them in the office so we wouldn't have to go through that again today. After washing all the dishes I wiped down the cupboards and I haven't looked back in there because I'm a little afraid. :)

Each afternoon Matt will call the house for a status update and it is like playing a game of Clue. Leak - Dining Room - and the Electrician did it. You never know what that day of 'repairs' will bring. But today was actually a great day. Primarily because we were gone almost the entire time the plaster girls were working and when we returned home my dreams had come true...mostly. I walked into the dusted coated kitchen to discover a gleaming white ceiling! I was/am so happy I couldn't stop staring. I had forgotten how bright and happy our kitchen could be. And I didn't even fret over the dirt as I swept and mopped. Unfortunately the electrical didn't pass inspection this morning so the electrician will need to return to fix something. The inspector will return Monday morning to *hopefully* give approval to both the electrical and to the ceiling. Afterwards the plaster girls need to tape and mud the ceiling and hang sheet rock on the kitchen walls. Oh, and they still need to texturize the dining room ceiling. So I guess they will be here most of next week and my elaborate dinner will therefore have to wait. But I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Kate has been quite the stinker when it comes to naps this week. I'll put her in bed and for the next hour I will listen to the sound of books falling to the floor one by one. But by the time she falls asleep I'm usually done cleaning the kitchen and I still get some time to myself. So thanks Kate for your unintentional cooperation!!

Comments

Julie Ulven said…
Yeah for new repairs and successful plastering! Electrical never passes the first time. Yes, our babies were teeny tiny once upon a time! I love your family photo!!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...