The dust finally settles

What a crazy month and a half. We have not spent a weekend in our house since mid-October until this weekend...but it was NOT a restful one. Our house was on the La Porte City Christmas Tour of Homes. After hours of cleaning, painting and decorating, not to mention 300 people later, we are done.
In the last month we have torn out old carpet, re-carpted, painted the kitchen, foyer, stairwells, and ceilings. We scrapped plastic off window frames, put together a new (but free) dining room table, hung curtain rods and pictures, and decorated for Christmas. We are worn out. I don't think I'll be tackling any more projects for a good long while. Now I can hopefully finish my Christmas shopping and relax.

I'll post plenty of house pictures soon enough but for now I will add this picture of Kate. While cleaning out one of our 'storage' rooms I found a graduation cap. Kate started cheering 'hat, hat' so I put it on her. How fitting that she happened to be wearing her ISU sweatshirt while modeling the cap. Her dad couldn't be more proud.
Oh, and Santa came for a visit to our house Sunday afternoon. Shh...don't tell. It was really Matt.

Comments

Sarah,
If I'm patient then you're crazy! I'm tired just reading this post. Lately I've just been happy to keep up with the laundry and putting food on the table while very slowly checking small things off an enormous (ever-growing) list of things to do. Kudos to you!
Glad to hear that life can get back to normal for you guys. I know when we go to many weekends away from home we get pretty worn thin. For all your hard work, I think you deserve to go back to Florida for another vacation!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...