A vacation wrap-up

Well I am finishing up my last full day here in sunny Marco Island. Good bye green landscape, good bye Gulf of Mexico, good bye lazy days in the sand, good bye sunshine and happiness. Ok, so maybe the sunshine and happiness part will also be found in Iowa but any warmth will be replaced with cold, cold snow, ice and wind.

All of us had a lot of fun on vacation and I think we may actually be ready to go home. Kate hasn't been the best sleeper. She wakes up whining several times in the night and never slept past 6:45 a.m. Florida time. Yep, that is 5:45 Iowa time. Sunday morning she was up at 5:40 a.m....or 4:40 a.m. central time. We may have a rough transition back into our normal life. The only other pitfall to our vacation was my dad coming down with the stomach flu. He fell sick Thursday and was still a little queasy when he left on Sunday. What a bummer for him to get sick on vacation. I wished there was something I could do for him.

But despite any troubles, overall I have had a great time. We lived a slow, relaxing, lazy life for 10 full days. What more could you ask for?!

We shall return to Iowa on Tuesday and our plates fills up immediately. I will however have all of the great memories of spending a vacation in Marco Island, Florida with Matt, Kate, my mom and dad, and Matt's brother, Mike. I'm a very lucky girl!!



Grandpa and Grandma Smith with Kate


Splashing in the waves (which were tiny until the recent hurricane arrived in Cuba)


Our condo had a wrap around balcony and this is one of the views


Matt and my dad each ate a one pound burger and got the picture on the wall of the restaurant, Cheeburger, Cheeburger. I had a picture of my dad's accomplishment too but I don't know what happened to it.


Kate plunged into the Gulf before finding her swim suit.
Snuggling on the balcony
Matt and Kate building sand castles
No matter where Kate is, she can always find a playground.

Comments

Glad you had a good time.. also glad to have you come back. We're ready for a play date!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...