The Forgotten Month

Each and every year I complain about this topic to Matt but now that I have a blog I can whine to all of you too. Why doesn't anyone remember November? Each year on November 1st at 12:01 a.m. the world (i.e. America) forgets Halloween and moves directly to Christmas. No one remembers Thanksgiving and all of the other great things November has to offer. It is as if November is a thorn in our happy holidays side; a speed bump in the rush to Christmas. Many of our neighbors have already put up their santas and reindeer. They aren't thinking of the true meaning of Christmas. They aren't thinking of a Happy Thanksgiving. People don't even wish each a Happy Thanksgiving anymore. But I think I will stop here because I'm starting to sound like grumpy ol' Ed Rooney from 60 minutes. I think my eyebrows just grew into long white waves of ugly. (Look up Ed Rooney's pic if you are confused.)

On a happy note, my friend, Jennie, and I are going to see the movie "Twilight" on Sunday night. I cannot wait. Jennie suggested the Twilight book series to me this summer. I reluctantly picked up the first book and soon there after finished the four book series. I may be 31 years old (eek!) but I'm still a tween at heart.

Happy November to you all! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...