Will this weekend never end?!

CAUTION: Strong stomachs are a requirement to read this post.

So Saturday early morning both Kate and I came down with the stomach flu. Poor Matt had to take care of Kate all day Saturday dealing with things unmentionable. Even a strong stomach couldn't get you through reading that much detail. So things were looking up come Sunday morning. Ah yes, Kate and I were on the mend and Matt had zero signs of illness...until late Sunday night.

Matt awoke sick, sick, sick. From 1:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. he didn't sleep a wink. He sat up as sick as a dog watching old ISU basketball and football tapes. (That alone would have put me to sleep! Sorry Matt.) The light of Monday dawn woke Kate and me. I felt great. Matt felt gross. Kate felt horrible. Matt went to bed at 8:00 a.m. and he is still in bed at 10:03 p.m. He was up for two short half hour segments and then went right back to sleep. That puts him asleep for the last 13 hours and counting. Meanwhile Kate did unspeakably and uncontrollably gross things all day which required lots of cleanups and lots of hugs. Every now and again Kate would give me a glimmer of health and hope. She would suddenly get excited and want to play with toys. Only to again suddenly need consoling for pains she couldn't verbalize. After one indescribable incident I went outside to the garbage can to dispose of vile matter and came back in to find Kate standing at the top of the stairs with Matt's sick bowl on her head. Matt and I combined have washed nearly 87 loads of sheets and given 103 Kate baths, and this family is barely holding its head above water...toilet water to be clear. (I warned you in my earlier CAUTION that this could be gross.)

Despite my best efforts I'm afraid we are still sitting in our own filth and germs. None of us have been physically able to escape the stinky walls of this very ill house for the last 72 hours. Will we ever again be healthy? Will I ever get to again taste food? I don't think the three of us combined have consumed any more than a bowl of cereal and a slice of toast since Friday night. If you don't hear from us again, please come to the house...just wear a mask when you enter. Blah!

Oh, and apparently the cat also had a touch of the stomach bug. Lucky for me that happened on Matt's watch sometime on Saturday. Sorry Matt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October things...

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...