So far behind

I hope my extreme laziness is not costing me readership. I have been quite the slacker, not keeping up on my blog. But I'm back! At least until I forget again.

We've been a busy little family. Matt, as an ISU Alumni Association Board of Directors members, was invited to attend the U of I Alumni Association Board of Directors. It was a two day meeting...two whole days of Matt sitting among Hawkeye fanatics all awhile fighting the urge to bite his witty Cyclone tongue. That is like inviting a vampire to an emergency room and asking him to behave. Sorry if that analogy was a little too graphic. I've been reading this book about a girl who falls in love with a vampire, called Twilight. Sadly it is a book intended for 'young adults,' of which I am not. However my friend so highly recommended the book that I had to check it out. Anyway, vampires have been in my head for awhile. So anyway, Matt spent two days in Iowa City, including an evening presentation and dinner in the Kinnick press box. It was quite beautiful and I cannot imagine who in the world has enough money to afford one little ticket in there. The cost is $5,000 a seat PLUS purchase of actual season tickets. Yikes! So while Matt was in IC, Kate and I spent two days hanging out at my folks' house. Kate had a great time. I think she has Grandpa Smith wrapped around her finger.

Then this weekend was even more fun. We did nothing! We haven't had a weekend of nothing in a very, very long while. Matt stepped up his A-game. He did the laundry (and folded it!), washed some dishes, picked up the house and changed many stinky diapers. It was fabulous. I hope the streak continues. :) I'll report back after next weekend. Maybe that will 'guilt' him into doing more wonderful things around here come Saturday and Sunday. heehee

Hope everyone is doing well and there is more blogging to come. I PROMISE!

Comments

glsgls said…
What do you mean? I'm tough with her.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...