Chocolate Pudding Monster and Electricians

I cannot believe it. I think I might be dreaming. I have to be asleep, right? There is no other way to explain this. There is no way it is real...


A new electrician walked through our door today. I expected the same old story. Sure, sure we can do the work. I'll get you a bid in two weeks. Three months later no bid and I've placed a mini-curse on him. But this time was COMPLETELY different. An electrician came over to check out the house and half an hour after he left, he was back at the door...with paper in hand...I figured it was a thanks but no thanks note. It was instead a real life actual estimate. Its a good thing Kate was already asleep because I just about fainted. I was so thrilled that the minute he stepped back into his van I did my happy dance in the living room, through the dining room, around the kitchen and directly to the phone to call Matt. I haven't danced like that since learning our house sold.


Sidebar: Speaking of our old house...The new owners cut down four of the five trees on the lot. Including the true blue Blue Spruce, a rarity in the tree world. I feel so sorry for those trees. Now I'm not a tree hugger but we sold those trees with the house and now they are dead. I feel partially responsible.


Finally, I want to share this great picture of Kate enjoying chocolate pudding with whipped cream on top. What you don't see in the picture is her dipping a pickle in the whipped cream. Yes, she ate the pickle cream. Blah!! She must have inherited her taste buds from Grandpa Smith because I know Matt wouldn't eat such things.


Comments

What a shock! Ha! Did you hire him on the spot?? : ) I think that calls for a toast.. to the Craft's and their electrifying home adventures...
Unknown said…
What a cute picture of Kate! I haven't seen her forever--she is really looking like a little princess:) xoxoxo Jennifer
glsgls said…
I dressed a chicken to look like Cy and grilled it after Iowa won.
It was yummy.

Sorry I had to throw that in after my taste buds were questioned.
Sarah Craft said…
That was hilarious Dad! Matt is probably fuming in a corner but it was so unexpected. Thanks for the laugh!!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...