A story almost forgotten

I can't believe I didn't blog this story earlier. Matt pulled off a super dad move taking Kate to church by himself a few weeks ago and the tale is too great not to share.

I was planning to go out with some girlfriends one Saturday night so Matt thought he'd take Kate to church while I was getting ready to leave. Ten minutes after the service started I received a phone call from a somewhat frantic, and much more humbled Matt. Within the first few minutes of church Kate had 1. ripped a page out of a hymnal, 2. fallen off the pew and hit her head, and 3. pooped her pants. I thought for sure these fast and furious events would have ended their service early but Matt held strong. They stayed the entire time and each received some sympathy from various church members afterwards.

Kate may have tested Matt, but Matt passed with flying colors!

By the way, Kate had her 18 month check up last week. Now I know an 18 month old still wants to be held a lot, but no mother should have to constantly hold a baby weighing over 31 pounds! That's right, Kate is off the charts at 31+ pounds and 35 1/4 inches long. Watch out Olympic swimming and WNBA, here comes Kate!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...