So far so good

I'm happy to report that Matt's ISU sign is still intact without a scratch. Hopefully out positive attitude toward the situation will actually work in our favor.

This morning LeAnn, Kate and I worked our tails off weeding what was once a flower bed. Believe it or not, Kate was a great help. She pulled some weeds (and some flowers.) She helped move dirt (and ate some too.) She also watered flowers (and stomped in the mud.) Some Kate highlights included Kate watering her tummy rather than the flowers. She made a pile of dirt and poured her sippy cup over top, creating a delicious mud pie. Oh, and she sweetly brought me hand fulls of dirt to dump over top flowers. She was super cute!!

So after hours of work we have a beautiful flower bed. We planted both mature flowers and some seeds so by next year the flowers will be even more gorgeous. I used old wood left in the garage by the previous owner as edging. I thought it was a great way to re-purpose what would have otherwise been trash. Here are some pictures of our work. (I really should have taken one of Kate...oops.)
Today's work. We are actually going to plant a hydrangea bush to camouflage the black pipe and lay mulch to prevent weeds.
I did this a few weeks ago. I'm hoping they'll grow in fuller next year.
This is one of my favorite spots, especially with the wading pool next to it.
This is the side of the garage. We planted some wild grasses and cone flower seeds near the end.
This is a picture of Kate from last weekend. It has nothing to do with flowers but I thought it was hilarious and wanted to share.
Have a great weekend everyone!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...