Appreciation

I am quickly learning the joys of modern technologies living in this house. In some ways the new place is a blast from my college days. No dishwasher, no washer or dryer, no attached garage, and carpet in the bathroom. (Two layers of carpet to be exact!) We thankfully have central air conditioning...that would have been a deal breaker for me in a house this size.

Slowly we plan to make upgrades and changes to not only make the house our own, but to bring it up to today's standards. And I'm not a prude, I know plenty of people live without these technologies, I just didn't intend to be one of these people. :)

Actually our washer is now working, but the dryer is electric and the house doesn't have enough voltage to allow our dyer to heat up. We luckily have plenty of clothes line downstairs to hang clothes so we are fortunate for that. We own a dishwasher but it is a built in and we're going to eventually create a place to build it in. And the bathroom carpet wouldn't be all that bad if there wasn't two layers of it over top asbestos tile.

But at the end of the day I have nothing to complain about. All four of us (Matt, Kate, Baxter the Cat and I) love our house. We have a beautiful little yard and plenty of gorgeous flowers. We can practically see the other side of town from the attic, the windows have fantastic details to them, the woodwork is spectacular and we have a roof over our head every night. There are a lot of great years ahead of us and I can't wait to live them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...