And its a tie...

We had a great, but tiring, time during the big 10 mile race yesterday. We both ran about 8 minute miles for the first four miles. Matt took an early lead, but I caught and passed him 2 miles in. He caught me at 7 1/4 miles. Then I caught Matt at 8 1/2 miles and we unintentionally finished together at 1 hour 25 minutes. Ironically I thought Matt was holding back to wait for me near the end so I was pushing hard to not slow him down. Whereas Matt said he was struggling to keep up with me. So I guess in the end we both pushed each other to a faster finish.

We had so much fun training and racing together that we started looking for another distance race to run. We averaged 8:30 minute miles and I couldn't be more proud of us.

Comments

Courtney said…
you guys are so good. I couldn't do that in a million years. My sis has run a couple half marathons and done one triathalon. You guys are unbeleivable.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...