Where in the world...

is my camera cord?!?! I finally found the coffee mugs yesterday morning. But I still cannot find the camera cord which means I can't download pics of the house from the camera.

Our new house becomes more of a home every day. We have run into some minor hiccups along the way but so far so good. First off we have a built in dishwasher but no place to build it in. We actually have a great location for it but no counter top to connect the dishwasher to. So we have called in a local contractor to do the work and to replace the counter top under the cabinets. We also discovered that our electric dryer isn't going to work in the basement until we get an electrician in here. Luckily, Matt's handy uncle Larry has years of experience and thinks he can work something out for us until the house is rewired. There are some other small learning experiences but nothing compares to our excitement of living here.

The first thing we did was take down the curtains which revealed gorgeous windows. Once I find the camera cord you will see them. They have very ornate details and beautiful architecture. The house has a good amount of natural light and its up just high enough that you really can't see in from the street or sidewalk. Which is great news because there are lots of windows we hope to not cover up.

Kate and Baxter LOVE the house. You can find Baxter laying in various windows throughout the house or rolling around on the carpets. Kate's room is huge and is filled with her toys. She loves playing in there and running from wall to wall. I have honestly never seen either of them so happy.

Matt and I are also thrilled about the house. Besides unpacking we have been very busy with our various activities. We both have golf leagues and we're both training for a half marathon and a triathlon. Matt has been super busy with work and is gone until late both Thursday and Friday nights this week. All of this combined has made life a little hectic. The days fly by and we just hope to get at least one box a day unpacked. Matt has been working his tail off with helping me clean up the old house and arrange the new. I thought I was doing a fabulous job of keeping the old house super clean, especially in anticipation of the move, but after picking up the appliances and area rugs I learned otherwise. I was a little embarrassed to be honest. It makes me wonder how in the world I'm going to keep a house three times the size of the old clean. I assigned myself a couple of rooms a day in hopes that I can keep this place from getting too dirty. I haven't actually started cleaning the rooms I assigned myself but its part of my plan. I guess I want to empty and remove boxes before I worry about wiping down wood trim. Perhaps I'm going about it the wrong way but you live and your learn, right?

I'll keep looking for that lost cord. It has to be around here someplace...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...