What a weekend!!

Matt had court in Sioux City on Monday so we decided to make a weekend of it. We first stopped in Ames Saturday night for dinner with extended family to celebrate my Grandma's birthday. This is when the first incident occurred. Shortly after finishing my meal at one of my favorite restaurants, The Spice, my mom picks up Kate from the high chair only to discover disaster. Kate had dirtied her diaper up to her armpits. With no back-ups clothes and only one wipe in the entire bag we had to improvise. Kate sat naked on the bathroom counter top as there was NO changing table while my mom and I gave Kate her first ever restaurant sink bath. She promptly left with us wearing nothing but a clean diaper and my coat. I'm just happy no restaurant patrons worked at DHS.

Sunday morning we awake and head to Sioux City to visit my other grandparents. The whole crew decides to go out for dinner. I think, third times a charm we can't have yet another restaurant debacle. Wrong!! This time Kate dirtied herself not once but twice!! And of course this restaurant too did not have a changing table. What's with places calling themselves family friendly and then make you take your poopy kid out to the car. What if it was winter? So twice I dragged Kate to the back seat of the car to incinerate her indescribable diapers and to change her clothes.

Thankfully Kate is over her illness (I hope this isn't a jinx) and we can all laugh at our last few restaurant experiences, but I can say with certainty that Kate and I will not be dining out for a good long while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...