Thanks!

Thanks Megan and Courtney for your words of wisdom via your 'comments'. Completely true statements from both of you. Kate, and other children, are generally sweet and melt your heart but just like adults, they too will have tantrums.

I tried to be more of an enforcer yesterday afternoon. When Kate woke from her nap crabby and whined about everything, I told her I was going to leave her in bed until she got over her sadness. After a few minutes she quit crying. I went into the room and she was excited, happy and ready to play. I also didn't give into her crying fits over a toy, etc. Things went OK. Hopefully I'll be singing the same tune after today.

I went to golf league last night and boy did I need a night away. My golf partner has a daughter the exact same age as Kate so we traded stories. I think we both felt relief from hearing each others struggles. I guess I just need a reminder that I'm not alone in this battle of kid v. parent.

By the way TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL WE MOVE!

Comments

Ritbit said…
First of all, you posted that last blog at 6:01 am? Wow. Maybe kids weren't for me, afterall... And second, I think I'm going to start a family blog, and I am EXTREMELY jealous of you're background. It's so cool!! Thanks for meeting us for lunch today, and have a great weekend - I hope the move goes well!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...