Long time no blog

Man! I am behind on my blogging. I've got some serious catching up to do. Free time during the day has not been on my side. Then again... is it ever for a stay-at-home mom? Kate hasn't really been napping so well this week so I haven't been able to keep up on the blog. Yeah, I'll blame Kate. :) Last week she was taking three hour naps. This week I'm lucky if she fits in half an hour.

Our washer stopped working this week. I had no idea how much I depend on that machine. I was extremely cautious with each of Kate's meals and snacks hoping she wouldn't require an outfit change. And I tiptoed into her room each morning saying a little prayer that she didn't pee the bed. We only have three sets of crib sheets and one doesn't even fit her bed. Of course I could have hand washed them or taken the clothes to the laundry mat but this isn't the 40's. And besides that would be too logical. So I instead sat around praying for a very clean day. (OK I just googled the invention of the washing machine and it appears the earliest version was created in 1797... not 1940.)

Thankfully Matt's uncle, Larry, came by yesterday to fix the washer. It was quite the scene as Larry and I drained the washer bucket by bucket with our little audience standing in the doorway. Baxter, Kate and her baby doll all had front row seats to this spectacle. We scooped out as much water as possible but could only get so much. Larry had to drain the rest from the washer. Luckily we have a floor drain built in for the small swimming pool that became of our bathroom. Larry and I were pretty well soaked while Baxter, Kate and baby doll watched in awe. In the end it was one of Kate's little pink socks that had worked its way into the drainage hose. Larry pulled it out only for the sock to never see the light of day again. Whew it was
gross.

I have several more stories to share but I also have to clean out the cat's litter box. More to follow later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...