Playing favorites...
Sunny is my favorite type of sky.
Today was supposed to be a rainy day...I think. I watch the weather once a week at most. I remember the rainy forecasts because I know I'll have to plan for indoor activities. Always a bummer. But somehow the sun broke free of the supposed rainy clouds. We took full advantage of it.
I look at those sweet, bubble blowing lips and I just want to kiss them.
And those stinky, dirty feet; they are just begging to be tickled...after a good washing, of course.
Silliness is a favorite.
I love the silliness of kids (most of the time). My girls have a goofy thing about putting cups atop their heads, over their eyes and on their ears. Do your kids do that, too? I usually do it with them. Thankfully I am always the one with the camera!
Outdoor games are a favorite.
Our garage is tiny. Like teeny, tiny. I'm not even sure a modern day car would fit in it...even if we cleaned out all the toys, bikes, scooters, balls, etc. That is what you get with a super old, historic-y house. Our garage is actually a carriage building with a door on both ends.That's so the man could drive the car out the back, through the U-shaped driveway and stop under the portico to pick up the lady of the house. Isn't that sweet?
Rocks, dirt and sand...three things Claudia can't live without.
The girl can't get enough! No matter where we are, if she sees rocks, she is going to dig. I can't blame her. I like digging in the dirt, too as long as I'm digging a hole for flowers.
Baths are a favorite.
Some kids don't like baths. Some love it. Our girls live for baths. And CJ's love for rocks, dirt and sand mean we take a whole lot of baths around here.
Running is a family favorite.
Guess what? My hip is back to normal...mostly. I've returned to running and my body couldn't be more happy about it. I was craving a good, strenuous, sweaty work-out. One that leaves you gasping for air and turns a cold day into a sweltering one. Love it!
Their smiles are my favorite.
Isn't it funny how are children are born knowing how to scowl? This little girl scowls at me a lot lately and it causes my blood to boil. I much prefer their sweet, baby toothed grins.
Weekends are my favorite.
Who doesn't love the weekend? And this is to be a good one, for sure! Matt has some tricks up his sleeve and isn't telling any of us. I can't wait to find out what's in store for us.
We'll be heading out a lot this weekend for Matt's surprise, for trips to the park, and for Mother's Day celebrations.
Gotta run!
So many fun things are waiting around the corner!
Comments