A day for mothers...
When I was a kid I remember making those silly coupon books for Mother's Day.
It was usually something we were forced to make in Sunday School and then present to our mom after class.
**This coupon is good for one free kiss.**
Hmm...do I usually sell kisses?
Four years ago I never thought of Mother's Day as anything but a day for my mom and grandmothers.
But now, somehow, someway, the world thinks I am responsible enough to be a mother and I'm now to be celebrated.
Each morning my girls wake and look for their mother.
And that mother is me!?
They need me for everything.
They know I will be there for them no matter what.
Even if I am sick, or tired, or sick and tired.
They need me.
On those hard, monotonous days I would rather be anything but a mother.
Yet at the end of those difficult days I thank the Lord that I am their mother.
The world is made of millions of mothers.
Women who sacrifice sleep for snuggles.
Women who work double shifts in order to feed their babies.
Women who give up their careers.
All for the love of their children.
I pinch myself to remember my reality.
I am a mother. I gave up my career. I sacrifice sleep.
I am blessed.
A mother holds an immeasurable amount of power.
Mothers help shape their kids.
The love a child knows (or doesn't know) will influence the rest of their life.
They learn how to love their spouse, their friends, their family, their children...all by the example their own mother sets.
Wow, that is a lot of responsibility.
I am so grateful for my mother.
My mother-in-law is a blessing.
The grandmothers in my life are God's gift.
I hope to pass along wisdom, love, understanding and gracefulness to my girls.
We only get one shot with our little blessings.
Thank you to all those women in my life who have influenced me.
Happy Mother's Day!








Comments
Nobody could ask for a better granddaughter. I have her.